Benefits of Low Level Laser Therapy
Who and what can be treated?
People of all ages can benefit from Low Level Laser Therapy. The treatment is effective for both new (acute) injuries and long term (chronic) conditions. Often, patients who have been incapacitated or restricted by pain for years are able to regain active and healthy lifestyles within weeks. Since Health Renew opened its doors in November, 2004, hundreds of patients have received release from pain and a return to a more active lifestyle. Laser satisfaction rate is an astounding 89%! The number of treatments required for relief varies. Since we opened, the majority of people are finding that 12-15 treatments are necessary to attain relief. A small handful of our patients have achieved freedom from pain within 5 or 6 treatments; conversely, a few individuals have required 20 or more.
In their 2002 text "Laser Therapy," Jan Tunér and Lars Hode list over 50 categories of conditions which are amenable to LLLT.At Health Renew the focus is on the treatment of:
- Musculoskeletal conditions including Neck Pain, Back Pain, Knee Pain, Shoulder Problems, Hip Pain
- Headaches including Migraine
- Repetitive Stress Injuries such as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Osgood-Schlatter, Shin Splints and TMJ
- Sports and Work Injuries including Sprains, Tendonitis, Rotator Cuff Injuries, Ligament and Tendon Tears, Tennis/Golfer's Elbow, and Frozen Shoulder
- Foot Problems such as Plantar Fasciitis and Heel Spurs
Is laser therapy effective?
The Swedish Laser Medical Society lists over 3000 research papers on their web site http://www.laser.nu/ which support the effectiveness of LLLT. These studies have been conducted around the world on a broad range of conditions. More importantly, therapeutic lasers have been successfully used in clinical settings for over 35 years. Thousands of people have received health benefits from LLLT.
As with any therapy, the results vary from person to person and there are some people who will not achieve the expected results.